Explore our frequently asked questions and answers.
Payor Sources include:
- Alternative Care
- Brain Injury (BI) Waiver
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Support (ECS)
- Managed Care Organizations – Bridgeview, HealthPartners, Medica, UCare
- Consumer-directed community supports (CDCS)
Federally Funded Program – Older Americans Act
Title III – People more than 60 years of age at nutritional risk in Anoka, Ramsey and Washington counties.
Available to anyone in seven-county metro area. Optage Meals will not turn clients away based on ability to pay for meals. Funding is available through the PHS Foundation and miscellaneous grants. Please call 651-746-8280 for more information.
Select from a variety of options including lower sodium, vegetarian, gluten friendly, heart healthy, carb conscious and pureed meals.
Yes. Our service coordinators can unpack your meals for you. A specific delivery plan is created for each client and if you would like your meals unpacked, we would be happy to assist.
Absolutely! Background checks are conducted on all Optage employees and volunteers. We do not use a third party for making the deliveries.
Volunteers are greatly appreciated and always welcome. From delivering meals to production to office help, you have the opportunity to positively impact your community. Learn more here.
Yes. Our intake team will call you at least three days before your first delivery to receive your meal order and design a delivery plan. If you do not want to make a selection, the daily feature will be provided.
That is okay. If you do not like a specific item, there are many options to choose from. You are not under contract to receive a certain number of meals and service can be stopped at any time.
Not all of it. But it will provide you with at least one highly nutritious meal a day.
- Initial setup/intake – You can expect a phone call from an intake assistant at least three days ahead of your first delivery. During this call, your dedicated team member will answer questions, gather your meal orders and develop a customized delivery plan tailored to your needs.
- Questions – Staff is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT to answer your questions. Feel free to contact us if you have further questions.
- Ordering – Orders can be submitted by phone, email or the printed order form up to four business days prior to desired delivery day.