I’m motivated to volunteer in hospice when I see how the time and activities the client and I partake in impacts their mood weekly. It’s rewarding to know that I can provide comfort to someone simply by being myself.
Become an integral part of our hospice team.
As a hospice volunteer, you have the opportunity to fill roles from direct customer contact to clerical duties. Many describe hospice volunteering as gratifying, inspiring, honoring, memorable and emotionally meaningful.
Volunteers consist of retirees, medical students, family members of a loved one who benefited from Optage Hospice, stay-at-home parents, employees who get paid time off to volunteer and individuals from other walks of life.
How to become a volunteer:
- Interview with a volunteer coordinator.
- Complete 4.5 hours of online training.
- Pass a criminal background check including fingerprinting.
- Complete a TB test (paid for by Optage Hospice).
- Attend a 30-minute orientation and introduction to your first patient.
- Interested in learning more? Click the Volunteer with Optage link, or contact us.
I was inspired to volunteer with hospice by my Gramps. He was put into hospice care a few years ago, and their support made an impact on my entire family. I wanted to be that support in someone else’s life.